SCOP Project: Solidarity in the Community = Stronger People
The issues addressed by the project, confirmed by studies, are: civic education is not taught or is improperly taught in schools, though it is essential for civic responsibility, respect, empathy. Human rights and nondiscrimination are almost inexistent in the educational discourse.
In Romanian highschools, the practical approach in teaching civic education and human rights is missing and the opportunities for civic engagement are lacking; teaching is traditional, without a focus on critical thinking. There are even fewer opportunities in small communities and rural areas.
The aim of the project is to contribute to the improvement of civic and human rights education for young people (14-18 years old) from small urban communities (Buzau, Calarasi, Dambovita, Giurgiu, Teleorman counties). The project seeks to support young people to become more involved in their communities, raising awareness of their important role in changing the status quo, their knowledge about their civic rights, and their capacity to use local community resources.
Activities and direct beneficiaries:
– 400 students involved in interactive needs assessment workshops
– 60 teachers involved in needs assessment focus groups
– 20 headteachers will receive training on the basis of a special program of teaching civic education and human rights developed in the project; they will use it to teach their students during educational classes
– 400 students will benefit from 16 hours of civic and human rights education, delivered by these head teachers
– Min. 200 students (out of the 400) will be directly involved in community participation activities (volunteering, public human rights camping, treasure hunt)
Indirect beneficiaries: local institutions/NGOs, media, decision-makers in education.
- GIVING TUESDAY 2020: Give access to online education for rural children 27.11.2020
- Join AMURTEL Family for our 25th birthday!! 12.11.2020
- A safe alternative for childcare in Bucharest during the pandemic 10.11.2020
- AMURTEL is hiring an Office Manager 04.11.2020
- We are looking for volunteers ready to change lives 06.08.2020
- Unexpected positive effect of quarantine on children in AMURTEL Family residential care 24.07.2020
- AMURTEL’s Bio Garden makes headlines as pandemic triggers concerns for safe, local short-chain suppliers 24.05.2020
- (Română) Comunicat de presă – Asociațiile și fundațiile care furnizează servicii sociale solicită Guvernului cinci măsuri cheie pentru a putea continua să sprijine persoanele vulnerabile 26.03.2020