SCOP Project: Solidarity in the Community = Stronger People
The issues addressed by the project, confirmed by studies, are: civic education is not taught or is improperly taught in schools, though it is essential for civic responsibility, respect, empathy. Human rights and nondiscrimination are almost inexistent in the educational discourse.
In Romanian highschools, the practical approach in teaching civic education and human rights is missing and the opportunities for civic engagement are lacking; teaching is traditional, without a focus on critical thinking. There are even fewer opportunities in small communities and rural areas.
The aim of the project is to contribute to the improvement of civic and human rights education for young people (14-18 years old) from small urban communities (Buzau, Calarasi, Dambovita, Giurgiu, Teleorman counties). The project seeks to support young people to become more involved in their communities, raising awareness of their important role in changing the status quo, their knowledge about their civic rights, and their capacity to use local community resources.
Activities and direct beneficiaries:
– 400 students involved in interactive needs assessment workshops
– 60 teachers involved in needs assessment focus groups
– 20 headteachers will receive training on the basis of a special program of teaching civic education and human rights developed in the project; they will use it to teach their students during educational classes
– 400 students will benefit from 16 hours of civic and human rights education, delivered by these head teachers
– Min. 200 students (out of the 400) will be directly involved in community participation activities (volunteering, public human rights camping, treasure hunt)
Indirect beneficiaries: local institutions/NGOs, media, decision-makers in education.
- Supporting the Resilience of Front Line Mental Health Workers in Ukraine 26.07.2022
- Report: PTSD and the Effect of the War in Ukraine on Vulnerable Groups 26.07.2022
- We are opening registrations at the Orchard School! 22.07.2022
- Best Practices Exchange in MHPSS Emergency Care at the Siret Border 14.07.2022
- Site-management support and Community Based Protection for Ukrainian Refugees 09.06.2022
- Humanitarian Toolbox 07.06.2022
- How organic vegetables came to be delivered to your home, by subscription. They are grown in a village from Buzău | Grădina BIO on adevărul.ro 05.05.2022
- Orientation video for Siret border, filmed, edited and subtitled by AMURTEL 03.04.2022