AMURTEL organized Panatau’s first bicycle race07.09.2015
On September 5th, there was a festive atmosphere of excitement as children, teenagers and grownups from the Panatau community gathered to compete in their first ever bicycle race! Daniel Busuoic, a bicycle enthusiast and volunteer of AMURTEL helped Larisa Bratucu, the director of the Fountain of Hope After-School Center to organize the event. She recruited several young local volunteers from the highschool who were very involved and worked side by side with the the EVS volunteers in registering the participants, organizing the prize ceremony and distributing water.
Inspired by the energy of the moment, several grown-ups spontaneously decided to join the race at the last moment. There was a prize ceremony at the end, with the mayor of Panatau awarding gold, silver and bronze medals to the winners, while all of the participants received certificates and a bag of sweets!
The race was part of the “I want to be active” project, organized by AMURTEL and financed by the Buzau county council and the local Panatau town council. The project was designed to encourage sports in the community, and indeed after the race, many of the children and adults were already planning to practice and prepare more for next year’s race. It is the just the beginning of a new tradition for the village!
Here is a video of the event:
- GIVING TUESDAY 2020: Give access to online education for rural children 27.11.2020
- Join AMURTEL Family for our 25th birthday!! 12.11.2020
- A safe alternative for childcare in Bucharest during the pandemic 10.11.2020
- AMURTEL is hiring an Office Manager 04.11.2020
- We are looking for volunteers ready to change lives 06.08.2020
- Unexpected positive effect of quarantine on children in AMURTEL Family residential care 24.07.2020
- AMURTEL’s Bio Garden makes headlines as pandemic triggers concerns for safe, local short-chain suppliers 24.05.2020
- (Română) Comunicat de presă – Asociațiile și fundațiile care furnizează servicii sociale solicită Guvernului cinci măsuri cheie pentru a putea continua să sprijine persoanele vulnerabile 26.03.2020