National Volunteering Week at the Fountain of Hope15.05.2019
In 2019, the National Volunteering Week celebrated its coming of age with the 18th edition! The theme for this year was 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Given that Panatau is a village hidden between the beautiful Subcarpathian hills of Buzau County, the theme for the activities organized at the Fountain of Hope focused on one of the major goals of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development project, Life on Land.
The activities were centered around the action pillars of this goal, such as protecting and restoring land ecosystems, protecting and managing the forest fund, fighting against desertification, and preventing biodiversity losses.
More than this, the young volunteers got familiarized with the 17 goals of the 2030 Agenda and how each of us can contribute to achieving them through our day-to-day actions and our lifestyle choices.
Larisa Bratucu, the director of Fountain of Hope, managed the project and involved the young volunteers in activities where they learned how to protect the natural environment through recycling, to make compost from biodegradable materials and to selectively collect waste.
The Fountain of Hope also submitted an application in the ideas competition and won some materials to promote the theme.
- GIVING TUESDAY 2020: Give access to online education for rural children 27.11.2020
- Join AMURTEL Family for our 25th birthday!! 12.11.2020
- A safe alternative for childcare in Bucharest during the pandemic 10.11.2020
- AMURTEL is hiring an Office Manager 04.11.2020
- We are looking for volunteers ready to change lives 06.08.2020
- Unexpected positive effect of quarantine on children in AMURTEL Family residential care 24.07.2020
- AMURTEL’s Bio Garden makes headlines as pandemic triggers concerns for safe, local short-chain suppliers 24.05.2020
- (Română) Comunicat de presă – Asociațiile și fundațiile care furnizează servicii sociale solicită Guvernului cinci măsuri cheie pentru a putea continua să sprijine persoanele vulnerabile 26.03.2020