Morningstar Holistic Center – a social enterprise promoting well-being
The Morningstar Holistic Center was first conceived during the NESST competition in 2012 and further developed during a course on management of social enterprises held by FDSC. At that point the building was a kindergarten, and originally, the plan was to extend the kindergarten’s services to other correlated services, such as parent/ child classes, parenting courses, prenatal classes and infant massage. However, after deeper analysis, AMURTEL took the decision to close the kindergarten and convert the space entirely to developing a social enterprise that would promote the organization’s values of healthy, balanced, ecologically conscious lifestyle and holistic personal development.
We also plan to use the center to train young students with visual disabilities from the Regina Elisabeta school, in Ayurvedic massage, Thai massage and other alternative forms of massage therapy to enhance their employability and broaden their career opportunities.
The center’s financial goals are to become financially self-sustainable within the first two years and to generate profits to sustain the social projects and overhead costs of the organization.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council funded the “Site-management in Northern Romania” project to support AMURTEL’s efforts at the border 09.06.2022
- Humanitarian Toolbox 07.06.2022
- Orientation video for Siret border, filmed, edited and subtitled by AMURTEL 03.04.2022
- Melinda Endrefy, interviewed by a Spanish television 31.03.2022
- AMURTEL’s activity at the Siret border with Ukraine, reported by Digi24 21.03.2022
- AMURTEL offers support for refugees and front-line workers at the border 12.03.2022
- AMURTEL Romania provides immediate safety and care to Ukrainian refugee children 06.03.2022
- Didi on the traumatic effects of war on children | Referendum show, TVR 1 06.03.2022