Best Practices Exchange in MHPSS Emergency Care at the Siret Border14.07.2022
This invitation is to all of those working in the field of MHPSS working with Ukrainian refugees, in particular at the Siret Border or in Suceava county.
When: Monday, July 18th, 12:00-16:00
Where: Frontex Room, Siret Cross Border
Facilitator: Melinda Endrefy, Emergency Psychologist
All organizations with social workers and psychologists involved in giving MHPSS support to refugees at the Siret border
About the skill exchange:
AMURTEL Romania’s Emergency Psychologist Melinda, together with her popular assistant Oscar, our iconic giant monkey, provided emergency psychological care to more than 600 refugees passing through the Siret border from March-May 2022. In June, Melinda shifted her focus to Ukraine, where she has been building the capacity of local psychologists in Ukraine to be able to better deal with the high influx of trauma cases generated by war and displacement. Together with Dr. Ismael Pérez García, Ph.D., she prepared an in-depth assessment of the psychological situation of IDPs within Ukraine.
Melinda would like to share the best practices that she developed to work effectively across the language barrier with refugees, as well as insights from her direct observations of the conditions that refugees are fleeing from in Ukraine.
AMURTEL is also interested to learn from the experiences of the current team, to discover how the situation of MHPSS cases is evolving at the border, and new best practices emerging from that.
It will be an interactive, rich discussion and exchange that is aimed to improve everyone’s understanding and practices.
12:00 Presentation of the participants / Welcoming
12:30 Presentation of Amurtel Romania’s project
13:00 Skill exchange game
13:30 Short presentations about best practices (part 1)
14:00 Lunch – pizza!
15:00 Short presentations about best practices (part 2)
15:45 Conclusions and closing up
AMURTEL is providing pizza – but you must sign up to attend:
This training is provided thanks to the generous support of CARE France.
- Autumn Festival with Ukrainian and Romanian Parents Sharing Traditions 22.11.2022
- Gender-Based Violence: How do we safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees and other people who were forced to flee? 21.11.2022
- Cultural exchange between Ukrainians and Romanians: The Harvest Festival 16.11.2022
- Ukrainian Women Self-Organize a Fair to Share Traditions and Joy with Romanians 12.11.2022
- Supporting the Resilience of Front Line Mental Health Workers in Ukraine 26.07.2022
- Report: PTSD and the Effect of the War in Ukraine on Vulnerable Groups 26.07.2022
- We are opening registrations at the Orchard School! 22.07.2022
- Best Practices Exchange in MHPSS Emergency Care at the Siret Border 14.07.2022