The Fountain of Hope After-school for rural school children in Romania
At the Fountain of Hope, you can offer nutritious hot vegetarian meals, homework support and creative educational enrichment through the arts, sports and non-formal learning to up to 30 socio-economically disadvantaged schoolchildren from the village of Panatau.
LEARNING IS FUN!
Its aim is to motivate children to complete their studies and discover learning as a fun, exploratory process! They also have the opportunity to learn foreign languages from their contact with our international and European volunteers. In addition, we work to empower the children to become active citizens in the community, participating in various volunteer activities for the environment and their neighbors.
Currently, there are 30 children enrolled, most of whom are from socio-economically disadvantaged families. The Fountain of Hope After-School Center opened in September 2007 by AMURTEL, in partnership with the local Council of Panatau and Cooperating Netherlands Foundation (CNF).
NUTRITIONAL SUPPORT HELPS ENSURE SCHOOL ATTENDANCE
Children in economically disadvantaged rural villages like Panatau are at higher risk of school dropout already in primary school. Many of them do not receive balanced nutritious meals at home, and walk to school more than an hour on an empty stomach. As they are hungry, they are unable to concentrate well in their lessons. In addition, parents are often unable to provide the tutoring and support the children need to succeed in school.
EDUCATION = THE KEY OUT OF THE CYCLE OF POVERTY
You can give a child at the Fountain of Hope a better future by ensuring they complete their education and break the cycle of poverty.
- GIVING TUESDAY 2020: Give access to online education for rural children 27.11.2020
- Join AMURTEL Family for our 25th birthday!! 12.11.2020
- A safe alternative for childcare in Bucharest during the pandemic 10.11.2020
- AMURTEL is hiring an Office Manager 04.11.2020
- We are looking for volunteers ready to change lives 06.08.2020
- Unexpected positive effect of quarantine on children in AMURTEL Family residential care 24.07.2020
- AMURTEL’s Bio Garden makes headlines as pandemic triggers concerns for safe, local short-chain suppliers 24.05.2020
- (Română) Comunicat de presă – Asociațiile și fundațiile care furnizează servicii sociale solicită Guvernului cinci măsuri cheie pentru a putea continua să sprijine persoanele vulnerabile 26.03.2020