Nepal earthquake relief: teacher training
AMURTEL Romania participated in the fundraising to aid the immediate interventions after the earthquake in Nepal. Distributions of desperately needed items, including food, clothing, blankets and housing materials were the first stage of the intervention.
Though the first stage of immediate relief work has passed, now the need for long term committment to reconstruction and reintegrating the displaced is only just beginning. Here is one of our featured programs taking place in Nepal:
AMURT does teacher training in Nepal to assist public school teachers to welcome back students that had been out of school since the earthquakes. The training consist of four days with two days reserved for theory and exercises and two days of practical coaching with the students back in school. The training draws on multiple resources such as creative therapies, yoga and group therapies. As most schools were damaged or destroyed AMURT builds Temporary Learning Centers that starts with the students decorating their classrooms.
Please donate to help these efforts continue!Donate
- We are looking for volunteers ready to change lives 06.08.2020
- Unexpected positive effect of quarantine on children in AMURTEL Family residential care 24.07.2020
- AMURTEL’s Bio Garden makes headlines as pandemic triggers concerns for safe, local short-chain suppliers 24.05.2020
- (Română) Comunicat de presă – Asociațiile și fundațiile care furnizează servicii sociale solicită Guvernului cinci măsuri cheie pentru a putea continua să sprijine persoanele vulnerabile 26.03.2020
- (Română) Avem nevoie de sprijinul Guvernului pentru a ne continua misiunea socială! 26.03.2020
- Every child received a gift from Leroy Merlin 29.01.2020
- Fifth Annual Bicycle Race in Panatau includes winners from AMURTEL Family Children’s Home 15.10.2019
- Play Day September 11.10.2019