20 years dedicated to the Romanian children21.09.2015
This Saturday, Familia AMURTEL has celebrated 20 years of care and dedication to children of Romania
It has been 20 years since the children from Familia AMURTEL have started a new life! They have been reunited this week-end!
AMURTEL Romania arrived in 1992, and after witnessing the neglect and inhumane conditions of children abandoned in the state Communist children’s homes, decided to open a small family style children’s home in the peaceful rural mountain village of Panatau. The first child arrived in 1995, and since then, “Familia AMURTEL” has been home to 22 children.
This past week-end the AMURTEL team has been reunited with all the children who are now adults, together with their sponsors, partners and friends!
There were approximately 70 people attending the AMURTEL celebration. Representatives from local authorities, the high-school and AMURTEL’s main sponsor, Verein Kinderheim Panatau from Switzerland participated, as well as beneficiaries of AMURTEL’s projects (Social Garden Poieni and Morningstar Center)
Currently 6 young people are still living in the house, while several others which are transitioning into autonomous adult life through AMURTEL’s “Vistara Social Integration Project”.
Familia AMURTEL – VIDEO
- GIVING TUESDAY 2020: Give access to online education for rural children 27.11.2020
- Join AMURTEL Family for our 25th birthday!! 12.11.2020
- A safe alternative for childcare in Bucharest during the pandemic 10.11.2020
- AMURTEL is hiring an Office Manager 04.11.2020
- We are looking for volunteers ready to change lives 06.08.2020
- Unexpected positive effect of quarantine on children in AMURTEL Family residential care 24.07.2020
- AMURTEL’s Bio Garden makes headlines as pandemic triggers concerns for safe, local short-chain suppliers 24.05.2020
- (Română) Comunicat de presă – Asociațiile și fundațiile care furnizează servicii sociale solicită Guvernului cinci măsuri cheie pentru a putea continua să sprijine persoanele vulnerabile 26.03.2020