AMURTEL Romania focuses on programs that protect, strengthen, educate, uplift and inspire those that are vulnerable due to social and economic disadvantages.
We believe that the best service is that which helps people to become more independent and develop their own potentials and we strongly believe that each and every human being has unique importance and value.
The mission of AMURTEL Romania is to offer opportunity, hope and support to disadvantaged children and youth at risk of social exclusion.
The four main focus areas of AMURTEL’s work reflect its core values of empathy, resilience, selfless service and inclusion:
- Protection – offering the security of a loving family, nutritious food and safe shelter to children in need;
- Empowerment – accompanying youth in their journey towards assuming the responsibilities of adulthood and discovering their unique gift for serving society;
- Neohumanist Education –promoting inclusive education and creative non-formal learning;
- Sustainability – developing ecological attitudes and healthy habits, grassroots community development and social enterprise.
- President: Didi Denise Deshaies
- Office Manager: Ioana Dorneanu
- Educational Director: Floarea Diaconu
Fountain of Hope Afterschool Center:
- Project Director: Larisa Brătucu
AMURTEL Family Children’s Home:
- Project Director: Mirela Bîrlă
Vistara Social Integration Program
- Coordinator: Ana Gorin
AMURTEL Bio Garden:
- Coordinator: Florentina Constantin
- Coordinator: Didi Ananda Devapriya
- Supporting the Resilience of Front Line Mental Health Workers in Ukraine 26.07.2022
- Report: PTSD and the Effect of the War in Ukraine on Vulnerable Groups 26.07.2022
- We are opening registrations at the Orchard School! 22.07.2022
- Best Practices Exchange in MHPSS Emergency Care at the Siret Border 14.07.2022
- Site-management support and Community Based Protection for Ukrainian Refugees 09.06.2022
- Humanitarian Toolbox 07.06.2022
- Orientation video for Siret border, filmed, edited and subtitled by AMURTEL 03.04.2022
- Melinda Endrefy, interviewed by a Spanish television 31.03.2022