GIVING TUESDAY 2020: Give access to online education for rural children27.11.2020
We invite you to join the AMURTEL fundraiser for Giving Tuesday to provide students enrolled at the Fountain of Hope Afterschool in Pănătău village, Buzău county, access to online education, in the context of the COVID-19 crisis.
The education system has left hundreds of thousands of students behind in recent months since most of the courses went online. The lack of clear strategies for the inclusion of children in vulnerable situations in online classes has deepened the gap between children who have the resources to be present at online school and those who come from families trying to survive on a day after day
This is also the story of the children from the Fountain of Hope Afterschool, who for 3 weeks have been gathering in groups of 4-5 children on the personal phones of the ladies at the center.
Starting the crowdfunding campaign „Give access to online education for children in rural Romania” has the main goal to raise funds to acquire 5 laptops: 2 for the Fountain of Hope Afterschool and 3 for the children in AMURTEL Family, the possibility to continue offering the children breakfast, on top of the got meal they receive, and to continue receiving the support and guidance of the staff.
…Why is it only called a center? For me, it was my second home. There I was fed, helped with homework, and safe. Every day, the program included an activity to help us to relax and learn something new. The food that we received was exactly what we needed after a morning of hard work at school” – some nice thoughts from a girl that attended the Fountain of Hope for several years and now is attending a university in Buzau.
When is GivingTuesday?
In 2020, GivingTuesday takes place between 1-8 December. GivingTuesday is held annually the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, on the same day in most participating countries in the world.
What is GivingTuesday?
GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement that unleashes the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and their world.
It was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past seven years, this idea has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
GivingTuesday’s global network collaborates year-round to inspire generosity around the world, with a common mission to build a world where generosity is part of everyday life.
How big is GivingTuesday?
With activity happening in every country on earth, GivingTuesday is the biggest generosity movement of all time.
There are over 200 local GivingTuesday movements happening in the United States and 60 country campaigns.
In just seven years, the GivingTuesday movement has raised more than $1 billion online in the U.S. alone.
GivingTuesday strives to build a world in which the catalytic power of generosity is at the heart of the society we build together, unlocking dignity, opportunity, and equity around the globe.
Generosity is contagious. When you participate in GivingTuesday you’re participating in a global movement for generosity and can inspire others to join in.
- An association for children led by an American woman cheers up the summer of Romanian children from disadvantaged backgrounds | AMURTEL appeared on protv.ro 11.07.2021
- PRESS RELEASE | Open Doors at the Fountain of Hope After School Center, a part of the AMURTEL Aid Association 08.07.2021
- EXCLUSIVE: Didi, an American woman who came to Romania, has a special story and helps children from disadvantaged backgrounds | AMURTEL appeared on protv.ro 02.07.2021
- An American selling organic veggies to Romanians| Grădina BIO on Kanal D evening news 23.05.2021
- AN AMERICAN, MOTHER FOR VULNERABLE CHILDREN | AMURTEL Family on Kanal D News 23.05.2021
- GIVING TUESDAY 2020: Give access to online education for rural children 27.11.2020
- Join AMURTEL Family for our 25th birthday!! 12.11.2020
- A safe alternative for childcare in Bucharest during the pandemic 10.11.2020