We are looking for volunteers ready to change lives06.08.2020
AMURTEL Romania owns a social house for 2 young adults aged 28, respectively 30 years with intellectual disabilities, in Pănătău, Buzău county.
The AMURTEL Family Residential Center, is looking for volunteers for the two beneficiaries, to fulfill the role of a social animator. They need a patient, rather sociable person, with whom to do various practical activities, walks, and socializing.
You have the chance to make a significant difference in the life of a young person with intellectual disabilities.
Equal chances for your people
Unfortunately, people with such disabilities have always had problems integrating 100% into society, creating friendships and in most cases, they end up being marginalized and frustrated by those around them, and present a higher risk of developing severe depression, and putting their lives in real danger.
We all have the right to experience an active and interesting social life outside the home. In the case of people with intellectual disabilities, this is a luxury that very few have the opportunity to experience.
The real impact a volunteer makes
When you offer your precious time to do simple activities with them, such as walking, socializing, you help a young person with disabilities experience what it is like to be included, what it is like to be appreciated and you will make them feel important.
You can be the one helping them discover new things about the world around them, to help them develop new passions, you can be the one they go for a walk with and enjoy the beautiful weather, or you can help them learn how to cook, or any other simple skill that will enrich their lives. We guarantee that the joy they will feel will be enormous.
For more information you can contact the phone numbers: 0754 457 311 and 0742 203 609, between 8 am and 8 pm.
We look forward to you teaming up with us !!!
- GIVING TUESDAY 2020: Give access to online education for rural children 27.11.2020
- Join AMURTEL Family for our 25th birthday!! 12.11.2020
- A safe alternative for childcare in Bucharest during the pandemic 10.11.2020
- AMURTEL is hiring an Office Manager 04.11.2020
- We are looking for volunteers ready to change lives 06.08.2020
- Unexpected positive effect of quarantine on children in AMURTEL Family residential care 24.07.2020
- AMURTEL’s Bio Garden makes headlines as pandemic triggers concerns for safe, local short-chain suppliers 24.05.2020
- (Română) Comunicat de presă – Asociațiile și fundațiile care furnizează servicii sociale solicită Guvernului cinci măsuri cheie pentru a putea continua să sprijine persoanele vulnerabile 26.03.2020