Sponsor a child!
We all hope that childhood will be a magical time of snuggles, love, exploration, discovery, innocence and dreams for the children we care about. Indeed, that is what all children need and deserve to grow optimally.
*Geani was only five years old, when Child Protection Services had to intervene and take him and his brother out of a dangerous home situation. His parents were both severely alcoholic and their fighting had escalated into a violent episode that landed his mother in the hospital. At a young age, he had been exposed to fear, instability and violence.
You can provide a safe and loving home
Unfortunately, Geani’s story is not unique, but all of the children that come into our care at AMURTEL Family have survived neglect, abuse or tragic loss They are in need of a safe, loving home. They come from families torn apart by alcohol abuse, violence, extreme poverty, illiteracy and mental illness in different combinations. In some cases, other siblings did not survive. At such a young age, they have been through scenes that are unimaginable for most of us.
When the child protection department finally intervenes, and children are taken out of such nightmarish situations, siblings are often separated and sent to different institutions or foster homes. Geani and his brother both tell us how grateful they are to be together. It means a lot to them to still have each other. At AMURTEL Family, you can ensure that siblings stay together, and that the children’s biological families will get the support they need, so they can eventually rebuild a safe, appropriate relationship with their child. In some cases, we also will help a child to find a “forever home” in an adopted family if their own family is not able to make changes.
When you become a sponsor, you are helping a child like Geani to be welcomed into our home. Your support would mean that he will enjoy the full, loving attention of Mirela, Luminita, and Vica, our small team of main caregivers. He will have warm, nutritious meals cooked by Lily, Marina’s all-important help with schoolwork, and regular access to therapy with Ana to support his healing journey
You will see Geani playing in the sandbox, opening his first Christmas gifts, enjoying trips to the seaside or camping, learning to ride a bicycle. You can support him to join the soccer team or learn an instrument. You can send encouraging messages or videos and Geani will grow up knowing that he has someone who believes in him and wants him to succeed.
Imagine Geani’s pride, when he knows that you are there in the audience when he steps on stage to act in one of Familia AMURTEL’s creative theater performances!
(this video has subtitles in English)
You can make a difference
At Familia AMURTEL, there are children, just like Geani, that are waiting to have someone like you enter into their lives and help them to feel special. Unfortunately, not all children are born into situations with the support of a family that believes in them, that see their potential, and that never give up on them. “It takes a village” to raise a child. That is why you can make a difference.
As a monthly “distance adoption” sponsor you will receive:
- A welcome package, to help you to get to know the child you are sponsoring
- A regular donor newsletter, keeping you up to date with the activities and progress in the home and after-school center
- An invitation to join the Facebook group or Whatsapp group exclusively for sponsors, sharing videos, photos, and posts
- An annual greeting with a recent photo of your child and update on her progress (you can choose paperless or printed)
- The opportunity to send holiday gifts and letters or messages – which the children love to get!
- Invitations to visit the home during special events – like our “Play Days” or to online events
We look forward to building a strong relationship with you over the years to come, and the children look forward to the help that you can give them!
Start helping a child now… with a sponsorship
A distance adoption sponsorship simply means to set up an automatically recurring monthly gift, starting at just 80 cents a day!
You can choose to set up your gift with a credit card, paypal or by bank transfer. You will find all of those options in the link above. Each month, you will receive a confirmation when your donation is received.
Once you set up your sponsorship donation, we will then send you a confidentiality contract – this helps safeguard the children. Simply sign this and send back. We will send you your personalized introduction to the home and your sponsored child, with photos and suggestions about the next steps in building your relationship.
We’re excited that you’re joining the family. If you have any questions at all do email us!
*names changed to protect the children’s identity
- Supporting the Resilience of Front Line Mental Health Workers in Ukraine 26.07.2022
- Report: PTSD and the Effect of the War in Ukraine on Vulnerable Groups 26.07.2022
- We are opening registrations at the Orchard School! 22.07.2022
- Best Practices Exchange in MHPSS Emergency Care at the Siret Border 14.07.2022
- Site-management support and Community Based Protection for Ukrainian Refugees 09.06.2022
- Humanitarian Toolbox 07.06.2022
- Orientation video for Siret border, filmed, edited and subtitled by AMURTEL 03.04.2022
- Melinda Endrefy, interviewed by a Spanish television 31.03.2022