Project “You too – come and participate!”14.12.2014
Association for Charitable Aid AMURT Romania in partnership with Association for Aid AMURTEL Romania and The Prop European from Bulgaria, are implementing the project “You Too – Come and participate!” in four (4) rural communities in Ilfov county: Domnesti, Clinceni, Ciorogarla and Cornetu. The project period is from October 2014 to April 2016.
The project is funded by EEA Grants 2009-2014 under NGO Funds in Romania, component Social Justice and subcomponent Ethnic Rural Community Development with an amount of 64,607.10 Euro.
The purpose of the project is to reduce poverty among 300 Roma and other ethnic persons from those four rural communities mentioned above, by facilitating the practice of the democratic citizenship, multiculture dialogue and increasing the employment opportunities on a local inclusive market.
The objectives that sustained this purpose are focusing on developing abilities of active participation amoung minimum 240 Roma and other ethnic people; increasing the tolerance and multicultural dialogue among 160 children/youth through educational campaigns, promotional events about cultural identity; incouraging jobs creation in order to streinghten social cohesion and to ensure a sustainable development for the community.
Active participation in local life is approached from two perspectives: (1) political/civic democracy that will be reflected in the final results – gained skills, attitude and behaviors which attests good practice of democratic citizenship and (2) economic democracy based on the principles of Progressive Utilization Theory (PROUT) that encourage economic cooperation, democratic control and access to the resources, mutual support for local businesses e.g “chain business” or “domino business” – known in other developed countries as LETS system (Local Exchange Trading System).
The expected main results of this project refers to 240 members from different minority groups to: gained skills and practices of pro-active involvement in local life; gained skills and practices of promoting their own culture. 80 members to gain knowledge and skills about social entrepreneurship that will be exercised in a competitive environment, and 160 children and young people from local schools, to learn about tolerance and non-discriminatory behavior.
- We are looking for volunteers ready to change lives 06.08.2020
- Unexpected positive effect of quarantine on children in AMURTEL Family residential care 24.07.2020
- AMURTEL’s Bio Garden makes headlines as pandemic triggers concerns for safe, local short-chain suppliers 24.05.2020
- (Română) Comunicat de presă – Asociațiile și fundațiile care furnizează servicii sociale solicită Guvernului cinci măsuri cheie pentru a putea continua să sprijine persoanele vulnerabile 26.03.2020
- (Română) Avem nevoie de sprijinul Guvernului pentru a ne continua misiunea socială! 26.03.2020
- Every child received a gift from Leroy Merlin 29.01.2020
- Fifth Annual Bicycle Race in Panatau includes winners from AMURTEL Family Children’s Home 15.10.2019
- Play Day September 11.10.2019