20 years dedicated to the Romanian children21.09.2015
This Saturday, Familia AMURTEL has celebrated 20 years of care and dedication to children of Romania
It has been 20 years since the children from Familia AMURTEL have started a new life! They have been reunited this week-end!
AMURTEL Romania arrived in 1992, and after witnessing the neglect and inhumane conditions of children abandoned in the state Communist children’s homes, decided to open a small family style children’s home in the peaceful rural mountain village of Panatau. The first child arrived in 1995, and since then, “Familia AMURTEL” has been home to 22 children.
This past week-end the AMURTEL team has been reunited with all the children who are now adults, together with their sponsors, partners and friends!
There were approximately 70 people attending the AMURTEL celebration. Representatives from local authorities, the high-school and AMURTEL’s main sponsor, Verein Kinderheim Panatau from Switzerland participated, as well as beneficiaries of AMURTEL’s projects (Social Garden Poieni and Morningstar Center)
Currently 6 young people are still living in the house, while several others which are transitioning into autonomous adult life through AMURTEL’s “Vistara Social Integration Project”.
Familia AMURTEL – VIDEO
- Volunteers needed for Ananda Festival of Bliss in Portugal! 20.05.2019
- Invitation for Play Day at AMURTEL Family 13.05.2019
- Easter at Familia AMURTEL 10.05.2019
- (Română) Donează 2% Asociației AMURTEL 18.02.2019
- Bicycles from the North Pole! 23.12.2018
- Adapting the Santa Myth for Children in Care
- Meet Santa and the Children of Familia AMURTEL 06.12.2018
- Annual Bicycle Race 19.11.2018