Building Nature Awareness Skills With Children, Parents and Staff14.09.2015
Workshop for Parents and Teachers
September 21, Poieni, jud Buzau at the AMURTEL Social Garden, 15-17 hrs.
September 23, Morningstar Center, Str. Almas 16 Sector 1 Bucharest 18.30-20.30 hrs.
We will look at ways to nurture and reinforce children’s innate sense of wonder and fascination with nature, and how best to rekindle it with adults so they can model and integrate nature awareness and appreciation in their daily work with children. Inspired by Richard Louv’s book, “Last Child in the Woods,” we will examine the needs for outdoor time and experiences with nature for healthy development in children of all ages. Practices to maximize outdoor time and bring nature indoors, in order to enhance physical, social-emotional, and cognitive growth will also be explored.
- explore and practice approaches, strategies and tools that promote, nurture and reinforce children’s connection with and understanding of the natural world
- examine and apply principles of developmentally appropriate learning environments, both inside and out, that encourage a sense of wonder
- select and apply approaches that promote nature awareness with parents and staff
About the presenter:
Ruai Gregory, M.A., Human Development, has worked as an Early Childhood Educator since 1976. Her roles have included teacher, consultant, director, early intervention specialist, parent educator and college professor. She currently teaches Early Childhood Education at Blue Mountain Community College in northeast Oregon, USA, and is a Parent/Provider Consultant for Child Care Resource and Referral at Umatilla/Morrow Head Start. Along with her husband, Forest Gregory, she has run “Harmony Home Nature Camp” since 2000.
This course is organized by:
NEOHUMANIST EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
- Volunteering at Ananda Festival of Bliss 2019 14.08.2019
- Happiness is… the simple things 31.07.2019
- School’s out for summer! 30.07.2019
- Summer dreams 29.07.2019
- Thriving Seedlings and Weeds 18.06.2019
- New Youth Volunteers organise Children’s Day 17.06.2019
- Bicycle Treasure Hunting Reloaded 17.06.2019
- Play Day May 2019 17.06.2019